Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Normal Is Not Normal

Wow, the late nights are no joke with a newborn. I think he may be part vampire. Because I have always been a night owl, Jaimie and I figured this wouldn't be too hard, me staying up late with Parker while she gets up early with him. Boy, was I wrong. If he were out at 2am, I could handle it. But it seems he sleeps soundly UNTIL 2 am. So, by the time I'm slowing down, he's just getting started.

Last night, I handed off the 8lb baton to Jaimie at 4:30am. Now, don't get me wrong, I am completely falling asleep with him and drifting in and out of consciousness while we hang out together. Even I can't watch that many movies on HBO before I can't keep my eyes open.

Playing with him, you can start to make out his ability to distinguish your face, your voice and the surroundings. He knows his mommy immediately, and we are noticing the smell of Jaimie or her voice elicits a response. Interesting to see the little changes begin.

Tuesday will be Parker's first big outing to my office. I can't wait for some of my coworkers to meet him. He is a really GOOD baby in the daytime and he is really alert around other people. Should be fun.

No comments: