Thursday, August 16, 2007

Continued...

It's the end of day on wednesday, and the three of us are in the hotel, er, I mean hospital room we have moved into for the week, just for kicks. Parker isn't interested in sleeping, unless he's attached to Jaimie or laying on my chest. Kinda silly, but I don't mind.

So, here's where we are at with Jaimie. Tomorrow morning, she is now going to have her colon scoped, to see what "might" be happening inside. The Infectious Disease doctor just came in, and is now concerned she heard a heart murmur in Jaimie. It's really getting to the point I am just expecting random people to walk in, tell me what they don't know, order a test and then leave. Jaimie is tired, homesick, bed sore, fatigued, annoyed and scared. I am amazed at how much medical professionals DON'T know. I also find it a little sketchy when a doctor tells you a bunch of information that "she found online." As if, for some strange reason, we forgot the World Wide Web existed.

So, the only news I can really provide right now is that we will be in the hospital for sure until friday. She will be on
demerol and pretty loopy tomorrow, but hopefully when it's all over, we will know what is really going on with her. The reality, we will probably only know what else she doesn't have.

Chery is back at our house tonight, babysitting Mickey and Boo. She will be back up in the morning, and depending on the tests timing (which they can't confirm until 5am) I may or may not go into the office. My hope is we get cleared to go home on friday. Of course, I also hope that someone can give us a straight answer soon.

For those who are interested in talking to Jaimie or sending best wishes, please feel free to email Jaimie or just post a message to this blog. She's reading along as well, and we really appreciate the prayers, the love and the support.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers...all 4 of you!!!! I hate you all are having to go through this. I love you!
Jody

Anonymous said...

Hey and Jaimie, please don't take Parker to surgery...ha ha ha....I am still laughing about that. Good times good times. Hope you are doing okay and I am thinking about you!

Christen, Jeremy, Ramsey, and Abram said...

What a bummer! So sorry you are dealing with this and I hope Jaimie starts to feel better. It must be hard to deal with a bunch of doctors who can't tell you anything; ugh!

We love you and keep us posted!
Christen

Dad on the Go said...

Thanks you guys! It is frustrating but we hope to have more answers today. Will let ya'll know.

Anonymous said...

Hey, guys. I was hoping to login today and hear good news. I hope things turn around soon for you. We miss you here is Chicago and will give you a call when our news changes!! Love ya!

Eric, Tina, Alec, and Elaina

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to checking out your blog after remembering you say something about going back to the hospital. So sorry to hear that you are stuck there when you should be able to enjoy time with baby Parker in the comfort of your own home. Hang in there Jamie. Hoping and praying that you don't have to be around doctors all day -- I know how that can be. ;)

- Kevin C.

Anonymous said...

Just heard via Dad via Jeremy that you finally have a diagnosis. I am so thankful. I'm praying for a speedy recovery. Love you all so much. Mom