Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's Not About the Money

Jaimie received one of the coolest gifts I have seen so far for Parker, from a co-worker (Thanks Mark!). It's a personalized measuring marker/coin bank. I long, clear tube is mounted on a piece of wood and personalized with Parker's name on it. On the board behind the tube are hash marks, showing the height marked off in feet, starting just under 2ft. As the child grows, you add quarters to the height chart until it fills the bank! When full, it should contain $200 in quarters, weighing around 15lbs.

Now, what I love about this gift is the multiple uses this can apply too. It lasts for as long as Parker grows. It can be a great little reward system. It is a great way to save money as a "piggy bank." Genius in it's simplest form.

This, and many others, makes you realize how profitable the kids industry is. From toys to videos to parks to clothes to "baby accessories," there are infinite possibilities on money making ideas around babies and kids.

Don't get me wrong, working for a company like Disney I see the possibilities on a daily basis. It's a very creative and challenging industry. But, for the little guys that come up with the big ideas, I say kudos to you for taking the chance. I hope you all fare well.

Here is a link to TWO BLUE PEAS. One of my favorite little baby boutiques, run by two of my favorite girls, married to two of my favorite guys. Helen and Sarah, rock on!

Also, here is a link to the makers of the measuring stick. Great idea, guys. Wish I had thought of it! :)

No comments: