Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Emotional Drain

OK, so this isn't supposed to be a blog about college football. I'm not supposed to only update it when LSU beats teams like Florida, or USC loses to teams like Stanford. You shouldn't be hearing from me only after a major turn of events in the world of college sports. So, in light of all of these things on the list of "no", I will let Parker explain to you his experiences yesterday on a typical, fall Saturday.

"So, I woke up extremely happy Saturday morning and had a great time practicing smiling with mommy. Then, when daddy got up, he picked me up from my Little Einstein mat, gave me a kiss, made funny noises at me then immediately turned on the TV to something called "Game Day." I think, from that moment on, most of what I saw of my daddy was his profile as he stared endlessly at the TV.

After that was over, mommy and daddy took me on a nice long walk around the neighborhood. I looked at trees and houses and cars and clouds and the sky and birds, until that pesky sun made me close my eyes so much I fell asleep.

I woke up at home to see my excited mommy turn on the TV for something called "pregame." Then, we watched the Texas game with my mommy, which was a lot of fun, except my mommy kept yelling words I don't yet understand while my daddy just kept looking at his watch and shaking his head. When it was over she seemed really mad at the TV. I don't know what it did to her, but I want to find out so I don't do it.

So, I thought we were done with the TV until this time, my daddy got all excited and started yelling and jumping and praying and using adult words. His team, LSU was playing against a team of alligators led by a guy named "TeaBag." My daddy spent every commercial break talking into his cell phone to some guy named Kevin, who seemed to be yelling the same things at him on the phone. They both sure do like to yell.

Aunt Mel and Uncle Andy came over during the game, in which I got to hang out with Aunt Mel while Uncle Andy helped daddy yell at the TV some more. Near the end of the TV time, my daddy seemed to lose control of his body, falling to his knees, jumping in and out of the kitchen... he looked kinda stupid, but please don't tell him I said that.

When it was all over, my daddy was super excited and kept kissing me and hugging me, calling me his good luck charm. Oh, and his breath smelled like beer. But, all the excitement wore me out, so I decided I'd just fall asleep pretty much anywhere I wanted, so I did."

Thanks, Parker. It's been a very relaxing weekend, overall. Nothing major has happened and it was fun to just kick back and relax yesterday with the Little Man, and watch a little TV. He seems to really like Saturdays!

No comments: