Monday, December 17, 2007

To Grandmother's House We Go

For the first time in Parker's new little life, we are about to enter the Christmas holiday season. I am so excited I cannot stand it. And even thought he will not remember this Christmas, I will. I will remember how he spent his first Christmas with his mommy's family in Austin. I will remember how his older cousins were with him, his aunts and his uncles. I will remember how blessed we were to have him come into this world and join our family. And, lucky you, will get to read about it. Then, maybe someday, he will be able to open this back up and read it as well. Knowing full well that his daddy could not have been more excited to have him come into his life.

So bring on the holidays! Bring on the travel and the
car seat maneuvers. Bring on the timezone changes and the new climates. I welcome the new surroundings and the new noises. It's all part of what it means to spend time with family. And Parker has already gotten a taste with Grandma Osburn staying with us for the past few weeks. Let's turn it up a notch.

We leave for Austin on Thursday. I'm sure there will be LOTS of stories to tell. So, until then, enjoy the holiday season and stay safe.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Grandma Davis!!! We love you!

No comments: