Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Week Alone


Honestly, we aren't really alone. But, it's been the first week since we have been home from the hospital that it's just the three of us. It's been interesting trying to settle into this new, but familiar routine of caring for a new baby. We are being careful as most new parents would be, but at the same time I don't want to be afraid to "expose" Parker a little bit, and Jaimie seems to feel the same.

While my parents were here, we had a wonderful time hanging out at home and watching LOTS of football. LSU defeating Virginia Tech was a highlight for sure, but my father having Peyton Manning in his fantasy draft made Pro football fun to watch as well. Parker took it all in stride, as the kid seems to love noise and distractions... basically, he sleeps right through them.

We took my parents to church with us on Sunday, where they were introduced to our Young Marrieds group and a few of our friends. The pride I must be wearing everywhere we take Parker was evident in their faces as they were happily introduced as "grandma and grandpa."

Afterwards, we made a trip to The Grove for some walking and people watching, along with lunch at the Farmer's Market. A fun afternoon with Parker soaking it all in.

What has made this past week so special, besides my parents being here, is something my dad pointed out to us before they left. Parker KNOWS us. I mean, really knows who we are. He is getting stronger everyday and can now move his head around (albeit a little out of control) and kicks and swings his arm, knowing he is hitting something. But, when he is
 really alert, Jaimie or I can speak to him and he will lock on... It sounds so simple but it's pretty amazing to experience the learning process of an infant. To have him look you dead in the eye when you speak to him, knowing he recognizes your face and voice. I'm sure if you've experienced it you know what I'm talking about.

Check out some of the latest photos from last weekend. Good times for the Davis family.

No comments: