Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Dad's First

What a week it has been. I remind myself I need to be more on top of updating this blog, but sometimes I am not sure if I am talking to anyone but myself, so I talk myself out of typing. However, as history has shown, the more you document, the better your stories can be :)

Jaimie, Parker and I travelled to Seattle this weekend, for work and for pleasure. We stayed with Aunt Christen and Uncle Jeremy over the weekend and had a fabulous time. We ate good seafood, went on a nice walk, did some responsible drinking and took turns as babysitter for the Little Man.

The trip was nice, Jaimie and I both got some work in while Aunt and Uncle did a day of babysitting, and we ate some amazing Halibut that Uncle Jer cooked up. But, it makes you realize how difficult it is to be away from family for very long. Conversations always moved towards "if we got a job in LA" or "if we ended up in Seattle." I like those conversations. It usually means no matter how different we are, we must still sorta like hangin out together :)

Jeremy took some great photos: Check 'em out!

The "first" of which I speak is the fact that Daddy and Little Man flew back from Seattle yesterday by ourselves. It also includes Parker's first full night away from mommy. Overall, I'd grade our performance a B+. Parker did great on the plane, flirted with the flight attendants, was quiet in First Class, and ate well. At home he pretty much slept through the night and woke up around 7:30 this morning like a champ. Obviously, it all could have been much worse. 

I dropped our grade from an "A" because Daddy lost a teething ring on the gangway of the airplane and last night around 11pm the Little Man had a 30 minute shriek-fest. But, other than that it was a strong performance.

No comments: