Sunday, January 20, 2008

D Batteries

It's ridiculous. One of the newest "learnings" of fatherhood is the fact that it's difficult to find a baby toy that doesn't run on batteries. Does it not shock other people that the only way to find a toy made of wood or uses manual "play", you have to go to a specialty store. The notion alone of endless purchases of children's toys makes me consider purchasing stock in Energizer and Duracell.

Little Man has a swing that we have used religiously since birth. I have talked about it on this blog before, even commenting on it's amazing power to sooth the little guy. But, it runs on four D batteries and goes through them like a fat kid goes through french fries. So, i find my self at Target yesterday purchasing 2 12 packs of D batteries. At $12 a pack, this really starts to add up. I start to wonder why they don't build these things with (A) rechargeable batteries or (B) a power cable option. Personally, I think it's a deal the toy companies strike with the battery companies.

Today is the first time I have written since LSU beat Ohio State for the College Football National Championship in one of the weirdest college football seasons I can remember. It would be an understatement to explain how excited I was at the win. Inviting a few friends over to enjoy the game along with me, I spent most of the evenings glued to the TV. Even after my friends left, I went for round two and watched it again. Love the DVR features on TV now.

Also, a big ups to Mr. Kevin Brown, my 2003 National Champion buddy. We spent a good part of the evening on the phone with each other, wondering why we didn't just fork over a bunch of money and go to the game. But all in all, the only regrets of the season were at the tail end of TWO triple overtimes. Not bad at all.

GEAUX Tigers.

No comments: