Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Time Keeps on Tickin...

It's amazing to me that Jody and Maddie just came to visit us a week and a half ago and it's already time for them to leave. As challenging as two little ones can be, Jody did an amaznig job as a mommy, sister and aunt this week watching both Parker and Maddie. I have to give her huge credit on traveling 5 hours on a plane with a toddler who just had a two hour time zone change inserted into her schedule. But, they both did great and it was fun to watch Maddie warm up to Parker over the days they were here.

Last Thursday, Mark flew into town for the weekend. I invited everyone to the Disney lot for lunch and gave Jody and Mark a tour. They actually got to see someone famous, as Steven Weber yelled something in Chinese he read off a cue card. Jaimie, Parker and I also took the Stafne family to Disneyland. Even with two children too young to understand, it was still a fun day. Maddie loves "the mouse" and "It's A Small World." Parker, on the other hand, thought "It's A Small World" was scary and a bit freakish... that's my boy.

All in all a fun time was spent enjoying some quality family time and seeing my sister again. It just reminds me how much having family around makes things easier and more "normal" in such an abnormal situation.

I got a very sweet email from my father's sister, Aunt Barbara. In the email she compares, from what she sees on this site, the way I interact with my son, to the way my father interacted with myself, Jody and Jeremy, to the way my grandfather interacted with them when they were kids. It's interesting to see how she notices the similarities and traits that seem to be passed down from generation to generation. It's comforting to know that, what I thought was my best attempt to be a good daddy, was just as much tied with me repeating history and how my father treated me. 

Because I know how much I love my son, it's special to know that love has been reflected many times over in our family, from father to son. Thanks, Aunt Barbara.

Now, go look at some new photos!

No comments: